It is the mission of Susquehanna Township EMS to help provide for the health and well-being of the citizens of Susquehanna Township as well as Penbrook and Paxtang Boroughs, and surrounding areas. We operate an ALS Squad, MICU and BLS system, providing emergency care 24/7/365 throughout our coverage zone. For FY 2017 we responded to more than 5200 emergency requests for service.
Our Core Competencies
- Providing prompt, reliable response to emergency dispatches
- Providing for the recruitment, retention and training of sufficient employees and/or volunteers to accomplish our mission
- Providing reliable, courteous medically necessary non-emergency transportation for the Central Pennsylvania area
- Providing for training to support the mission of other emergency response providers in our response area
- Providing for training in basic emergency response techniques to facilities businesses and personnel in our response zone to support their mission of providing care in our community
- Providing for basic emergency response training to members of the public through community groups and associations
To enable us to provide these services we will seek collaborative agreements with colleagues, governments, individuals and associations as appropriate.